Major works: dispensation from consultation

Where a landlord proposes to undertake a project of major works, or enter into a qualifying long term agreement, and recover the costs as a service charge, that landlord must either:

  1. undertake the statutory consultation process (which you can learn more about on our major works page; or

  2. obtain dispensation from consultation from the tribunal.

The circumstances might make it impractical or impossible to carry out a consultation exercise. It could be an emergency situation, for example.

Or it may be that errors have been made during the consultation process. In some cases, perhaps no consultation has been at all.

Whatever the situation, our team of experts are on hand to help.

We’ll guide you through the tribunal process, each step of the way.